Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Cinnamon Rolls

1 package yellow cake mix (without pudding)
2 packages dry yeast (I use rapid rise.)
5 cups flour
2 1/2 cups hot water


Topping Mix (I hardly ever use this topping--I just make a powdered sugar glaze and put it on as soon as they come out of the oven.)
1 stick margarine
4 tablespoons brown sugar
4 tablespoons white syrup
1 cup chopped nuts

Mix cake mix, yeast, an flour together well. Stir in 2 1/2 cups hot water. Let rise until double in size. Cut dough in half and roll into rectangle on a floured surface. Spread with butter. Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar over butter. Roll in jelly roll fashion and cut into 2 inch slices. Let rise in baking pan. (I always spray my pan with Pam.) *This is where I quit on the recipe, but if you want a caramel like topping, do the following.

Just before baking prepare topping ingredients by melting margarine and combining with sugar, corn syrup, and nuts. Pour over rolls. Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. Makes about 24 rolls. These freeze very well. Enjoy!

Labels: ,