Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Traditional Sugar Cookies

OK, I got this recipe from Sis Rachel, Courtney's Mother. In my cookbook that I have written it in, I wrote at the top....Rachel says, "Be sure to use regular white Crisco...NOT the butter flavored!!" So, I thought I would add that in.

1 1/4 cups sugar
1 cup crisco
2 eggs
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1 TBS vanilla


3 cups all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt



Cream together first five ingredients. Mix dry ingredients together in separate bowl and gradually add to first mixture. Divide dough into four balls. Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Take out balls, one at a time, roll in 1/4 inch thickness and cut with cookie cutter. Bake at 375* until bottom or deges are golden brown. The top wll look doughy until they cool.

Labels: ,